The Massachusetts Coalition of Nurse Practitioners (MCNP) was organized in 1992 to provide focused representation and support of issues relevant to all Massachusetts Nurse Practitioners regardless of specialty or organizational affiliation.
- Work for the improvement of and access to health care for all people;
- Foster high standards of advanced nursing practice, education, and research:
- Promote the professional development of nurse practitioners;
- Establish and maintain coalitions with professional nursing organizations, non-nursing health care organizations, business and consumer groups;
- Establish and promote participation in the public policy process and advocate for nurse practitioners in Massachusetts.
- Supporting legislation that increases access to high-quality health care for all of the citizens of the Commonwealth.
- Striving to remove barriers to care for underserved and underinsured populations.
- Educating consumer and business groups about Nurse Practitioner services through PR/Marketing activities.
- Networking with other Nurse Practitioner and non-nursing organizations in other states.
- Educating legislators individually through activities such as the Annual Legislative Breakfast and direct lobbying efforts.
- Acting as a vehicle to enhance and maintain communication between regional groups and assisting them in the fulfillment of their goals by promoting continuing education activities.